Last Updated: September 25, 2017
- the types of information we may collect or you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use any Services;
- our practices for collecting, using and sharing your information; and
- the security approaches we use to protect your information.
Governing Privacy Law
The Services are only intended for use in the United States. We make no representations that the Services are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who access or use the Services from other countries do so at their own volition and risk and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and agree to be bound by United States privacy laws, which may be less restrictive than the privacy laws of their home jurisdiction. By using any Services, you consent to the transfer of any of your information to the United States.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from and about all visitors, users, and others who access the Services (“User(s)”):
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically when you use the Services. and
- from other Users.
We may collect real-time information about the location of your mobile device using its GPS and other technologies, which we will treat as personally identifiable information. If you activate the emergency feature of the Services, we will attempt to determine your location as precisely as possible. We may utilize this information in the event that you activate the emergency features to communicate your location to emergency responders and/or your preprogrammed emergency contacts. We may track your location and associate/store such location with any messages, data, or incidents you transmit through the Services.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use the Services, we may ask you to provide information:
- If you are a Flare safety jewelry owner or are using the Services, by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, user name, telephone numbers, photos, gender, and age/date of birth;
- If you are a Flare safety jewelry owner or are using the Services, which may reveal your precise geographic location, information about emergencies and incidents, and contact details of your emergency contacts; and
- If you are a Flare safety jewelry owner or are using the Services, the name and mobile phone number of your emergency contacts;
- If you are an emergency contact, your name and mobile phone number as provided by a user of our Services;
- If you purchase a product or Service from us, credit card information for payments.
Before you provide information to us about third parties, you should obtain their permission to reveal such information to us.
Information We Collect When You Use The Services
When you download, access and use the Services, such Services may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details: When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including precise geolocation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files: We also may access files and other information stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information if you activate the emergency features of the Services.
Information Collected From Other Users
How Do We Collect Information?
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons: Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services and their contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us. The information collected by the Services is primarily designed to help you in the event of an emergency or incident including assisting others in assessing the event, responding, managing and coordinating responses, and reporting during and following emergencies and incidents. Information you provide to the Services will be used, made available to others, and otherwise handled for these purposes. Please note, however, that the Services are NOT a replacement for 911. If you are in immediate danger, are suffering a medical emergency or are the victim of a crime, CALL 911 and/or the appropriate authorities and do not rely on the Services.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Notify you of Services updates, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though the Services.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you use the Services; and
- improve the Services.
We may create aggregated and anonymized data sets from the information we have about our Users (including information they provide and information collected through their use of the Services, including precise geolocation information) (collectively “Aggregated Data”). We may use the Aggregated Data without restriction. Without limiting the preceding, Aggregated Data may be provided to law enforcement officials, researchers, and universities for research or public safety purposes.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
- To Emergency Personnel and Law Enforcement: We may disclose identifying and non-identifying information about our Users if you activate the emergency features of the Services. This information may be provided to emergency responders, police, and other public safety or law enforcement personnel.
- To Family members and friends: When you ask us to invite a friend or family member to join Flare, we may send such person invitation messages on your behalf using your name and contact details. We will also send your information to your designated emergency contacts if you activate the emergency features of the Services.
- To Third Party Service Providers: We may disclose your personal information to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including web hosting, data services, analytics, and credit card processors or other payment providers.
- Promotional Offers: We may contact you with Service-related announcements from time to time. We may use your personal information to provide you with offers about new products or services that we or other businesses may offer. However, in connection with such offers, we will not give another business your name, address, email address, mobile phone number or location information.
- Non-Identifying Information: We may disclose information that does not identify an individual or device, including Aggregated Data, without restriction.
We do not use, or allow third party advertising networks to use, information about web browsing activity or location information collected through the Services for targeted or behavioral advertising. We support the development and implementation of a standard “do not track” browser feature that provides customers with control over the collection and use of information about their web-browsing activities. Once a standardized “do not track” feature is released, we intend to adhere to the browser settings accordingly.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with options regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may modify the personal information on your account at any time. However, such modifications or deletions will only affect reports after the date of such modifications; any data associated with prior usage of the Services will remain unmodified. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures over your information.
- Location Information: You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the 6 device’s privacy settings. However, if you block the use of location information, many parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We reserve the right to decline requests that are excessive or would be disproportionately burdensome or expensive. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Any sensitive information, in our reasonable discretion, will be encrypted in transit using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You may not share your password with anyone. Be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any User of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for disclosure resulting from your privacy settings or from circumvention of any security measures we provide.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our applicable database. If you believe we have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Third Party Web Links
The Services or content contained therein may contain links to other websites, services or resources on the Internet. When you access third party websites, services or resources, you do so at your own risk. Such websites and services are not under our control, and you acknowledge that Company is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites, services, or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Company or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any such third party website or resource.
Flare Jewelry, Inc.
110 Chauncy St
Boston, MA 02111